Friday, August 12, 2005
Random Acts of Kindness
I've done it! My first 'proper' good Friday went well.
I had to go to a shopping centre to purchase a tie for my little brother (for a wedding tomorrow). In Chepstow, I decided to pop into a little indie bookshop. I spied a book that I enjoyed reading, and walked up to the owner. I asked for book tokens to the value of the book, and then asked if I could put them in the book, and put it back on the shelf. Although the lady looked bemused, she said it would be ok. After putting the book on the shelf, I scampered out feeling utterly fantastic.
I won't know the person who picks the book and has the nice surprise, and they won't know me, so it's a nice 'shot in the dark'. It seemed a hugely liberating thing to do, and gave me a buzz, as well as making someone in the future's day better.